Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sears Wishbook


The other day we were able to stop in at Sears. Though they were all out of the Wishbook, they did have the toy wishbook available, which was all I needed for these boys! I managed to keep it hidden for a whole day before they discovered it. My reasoning behind hiding it - so it could be viewed only when I wasn't incredibly busy to stop any of the fights that would break out over it... I also wanted to be there to listen in on the discussion of this book, as I have no idea what to get Kiefer this year...any ideas for a 5 year old? But the best conversation that took place over the wishbook, or more specifically, the Buzz Lightyear tunnel/tent play thing, went something like this...

Kiefer, "Hey mom, I love this, can we get it?"
Me, "No, we have something like it and you guys never get to play with it because you always fight over it."
Kiefer, "Well I want to try it first."
Keyon "No, I want to try it first."
Kiefer, "NO, IIIII want to try it first."
Keyon, "NO I WANT TO TRY IT FIRST!"
Kiefer, "NO, IIIIIIII WANT TO TRY IT FIRST!"
Me, "See? You guys don't even own it, and you're still fighting over it!"

Maybe I should just start with crossing things off on the wishbook, and see what I'm left with at the end...

2 comments:

Emily Sluys Arseneau said...

Yay, you're blogging! You're almost inspiring me to start again! Though my mind goes blank...

EJ said...

ummm - 8 days no blogging - come on I know your kids must have done something worth sharing about!!